RE: comparsion of 9i vs. 10g

  • From: "Laimutis Nedzinskas" <Laimutis.Nedzinskas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 08:46:56 -0000

10g seems to be a good fix. Not so much to say for marketing types except of
"g"(grid) but for dba's/developers:

- a guaranteed undo retention
- automated work load repository. It was possible to dump database state before
but now Oracle is capable of dumping some data in what - 15 sec intervals? Full
snapshots are collected in 1 minute intervals.
- sql profiling

A lot of more thing cleaned up like for example:

-dbms_output can now output 32k,
-sql with regular expressions (again, we could use owa_pattern before but not
so easy)
-even documentation is better in some areas.

What I do not really like: OEM is something I refuse to trust for "one button
press" database management. But that may be is personal, may be someone got OEM
running stable.