Re: comparing Oracle and MS SQL Server 2005

  • From: "John Kanagaraj" <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bjorn.d.jensen@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 16:47:43 -0800

Bjørn,

I don't have an Oracle to MS2K5 comparison, but I do have a short article
that describes the concepts of SS2K from an Oracle perspective. This is at
http://www.sqlpass.org/news/05June/index.cfm?passnews=SQL_Server. Let me
know if this helps! (I had a note from the MS Product Manager contending the
locking model in SS2K - he did not have a reply when I explained how Oracle
is superior!)

As for best practices, you might want to look at PASS (Professional
Association of SQL Server Professional), an equivalent of IOUG

On 11/10/06, Bjørn D. Jensen <bjorn.d.jensen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Hi!
I'm looking for resources that describe the terminology used of MS and
Oracle for their db's.
I'm also looking for "Feuerstein"-best-practices in MS-world.

And at last I'm looking for simple and complex scenarios comparing
performance/features of these db's

Thanks for help!
Best Regards
Bjørn Dörr Jensen

--
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc

Disappointment is always inevitable; Discouragement is invariably optional

** The opinions and facts contained in this message are entirely mine and do
not reflect those of my employer or customers **