Re: column masking in 10g

  • From: "Dennis Williams" <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidb158@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 09:11:43 -0600

David,

Call me old-fashioned (might as well, everybody else does),
but have you considered a couple of simple views.
One view offers the columns for one set of users.
Another view sets certain columns to null.
Synonyms as needed.
Sometimes the simple solution is the best.

Dennis Williams

On 3/1/07, David Boyd <davidb158@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All,

We¡¯d like to block a column for some users, but open to other users.  We
don¡¯t care about row level security.  If the user has the privilege to
see
the column data, she/he gets to see the data in the column for the entire
table.  Otherwise the column is null.  I was wondering if any one uses VPD
column masking in 10g to block columns.  If you do, could you please share
your code with me?

Dave

Mortgage rates as low as 4.625% - Refinance $150,000 loan for $579 a
month.
Intro*Terms