Re: clusterware upgrade question

  • From: jason arneil <jason.arneil@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nupendra@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 09:31:26 +0000

Hi,

It is not to true to say you cannot do a rolling clusterware upgrade.

This is very much possible. Here is a link to performing a rolling clusterware
upgrade from 10.2.0.3 -> 10.2.0.4:

https://jarneil.wordpress.com/2008/06/23/rolling-oracle-clusterware-upgrade-to-10204/

You can also see from there how to do a 10.2.0.3 to 11.1.0.6 clusterware
upgrade in a rolling fashion.

Where you get the problem is that ASM is not rolling until 11.1, however this
should not prevent clusterware itself being upgraded in a rolling fashion at
10gR2.

cheers,

jason.

--