cloning/refresh problem

  • From: "SHEEHAN, JEREMY" <JEREMY.SHEEHAN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 15:37:59 -0400

Hello listers,

I've got a problem and I'm about to scream trying to figure it out.  I've got a
feeling it's undo related.

Here is a little background on the problem.  We had a process that was started
on Saturday morning and was still running this morning.  It was requested that
we cancel the process by the business.  No problems.  It was killed and we all
went on our merry way.  The process was migrating data from one table partition
to another.  Apparently there was a lot of data to move.

Now I'm running a clone (we're using EMC to run) and I'm getting stuck on the
portion where I recover the database.  It does the 'recover' just fine when we
I go to shutdown the db it sits there.  I've got a feeling it's attempting to
rollback a process from production, but the process no longer exists production
and I'm stuck trying to figure out where this problem is occurring.  We had a
the same problem last week and the fix was to just wait until the rollback
finished on prod and attempt the refresh again.

My question to everyone here, is how can I check if there is anything rolling
back?  We're on 9.2.0.8, AIX 5.3.7 and we're using UNDO Tablespace versus
rollback segments.

TIA!

Jeremy