Re: clone the instnace on windows 2000 server

  • From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: raja4list@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 20:04:47 -0600

You need to create and start a service first. See oradim.exe

DIM-00002: Valid commands are: -DELETE, -EDIT, -NEW, -STARTUP, and -SHUTDOWN
Please enter one of the following command:
Create an instance by specifying the following parameters:
-NEW -SID sid | -SRVC service [-INTPWD password] [-MAXUSERS number] [-STARTMODE a|m] [-PFILE file] [-TIMEOUT secs]
Edit an instance by specifying the following parameters:
-EDIT -SID sid [-NEWSID sid] [-INTPWD password] [-STARTMODE auto|manual] [-PFILE filename]
[-SHUTMODE a|i|n] [-SHUTTYPE srvc|inst|srvc,inst] [-TIMEOUT seconds]
Delete instances by specifying the following:
-DELETE -SID sid | -SRVC service name
Startup services and instance by specifying the following parameters:
-STARTUP -SID sid [-USRPWD password] [-STARTTYPE srvc|inst|srvc,inst] [-PFILE filename]
Shutdown services and instance by specifying the following parameters:
-SHUTDOWN -SID sid [-USRPWD password] [-SHUTTYPE srvc|inst|srvc,inst] [-SHUTMODE a | i | n]
Query for help by specifying the following parameters: -? | -h | -help

At 07:47 PM 8/3/2005, raja rao wrote:
Hi All,

oracle 8i. (8174)
os: win2000 server.
(basically this is a people soft datebase, being cloned from W2k to anotehr w2k machine)

Is there any specific process to follow to clone an instnace onto a windows 2000 server machine

I set the sid at command prompt and tried to svrmgrl.
I am getting tns protocol adapter error.

Not sure whether any prerequisite should be run /setup from winodws prior to clone (to setup
instnace specific info)

Can someone throw some lihgt on this.

(usually I work on solaris and it is not a big deal to setup env and clone.
Just ORACLE_SID,ORACLE_HOME,LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PATH, NLS is enough for me on
solaris. )

But not sure about this windowz.

Any helpful DOCIDs/urls / other help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in adv,
Raj

http://mail.yahoo.com

Regards