Re: cheapest way to setup replication using oracle

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: baojiejie@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 08:42:30 +0200

Export and import every half hour?  :-)

What are the requirements?
Real time, near real time, 1 hour delay?
Same site or DR site?

Which oracle and OS?

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

bao jiejie wrote:
Hi friend,

I am thinking about setup a cheapest replication solutions for Oracle dbs.

I am wondering if that is ok to setup DB replication using oracle standard Edition ?

like stream plus MV ?

Or I have to apply for Enterprise Edition license so that it maybe easier to replication via DG ?

Any advice for Oracle replication ?

Yeah, MySQL belongs to Oracle now and it has a quite easy way to setup replication , but we are not talking about MySQL this time :)

--

Best regards,
Yours sincerely House
baojiejie@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:baojiejie@xxxxxxxxx>