Re: changing the oracle home

  • From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "eglewis71@xxxxxxxxx" <eglewis71@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 12:04:57 -0500

Ed
What version if oracle is this.
I'm guessing nit 11.2 sine in 11.2 grid infrastructure is already separate from
RDBMS software
Srvctl is not needed for ASM in non clustered environments unless you aw using
oracle restart in 11.2 the procedure is faIrly simple to clone the oracle home
you can tar it up
Restore to new directory and run runinstaller to register it with the inventory
Would
Recommend moving the RDBMS out since that just requires Changing the oratab
entry and potentially the listener
Vs ASM where you might beds to do a localconfig remove and add as well

Fuad