RE: changing archive from noarchive

  • From: "Jim Silverman" <jsilverman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 07:45:49 -0500

Yes - you need to start up the database as follows:

*       STARTUP MOUNT;
*       ALTER DATABASE ARCHIVELOG;
*       ALTER DATABASE OPEN;

Simply providing the log_archive% parameters in the initialization file
is not sufficient.  Note that the documentation also indicates that RAC
must be disabled during this operation.
Jim Silverman
Senior Systems Database Administrator
Solucient, LLC