** chained rows fixing

  • From: A Joshi <ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:49:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
   I need to get rid of chained rows for some tables. Re-insert (delete and
insert) the rows. Some of the tables have triggers so it is difficult. IS there
a way to execute the delete and insert without the triggers firing. Meaning is
there a way to make sure trigger does not fire for a session. One way would be
to declare a package variable and check it in the beginning of a trigger but
that would need change to all triggers.
  To disable triggers would require that rest of application be shut down.
 I plan to increase the pctfree to prevent chained rows in future. Is there any
thing else I need to do. I assume a simple delete and insert will eliminate
chained row. Do I need anything else. Can some provide a generic script for
this. I have all the chained row in table chained_rows. Any other guidelines.
Thanks. Help is appreciated.

Yahoo! for Good