Re: case-insensitive NLS_SORT

  • From: Adam Musch <ahmusch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Xu, Roger" <Roger.Xu@xxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:16:07 -0500

If it's a windows client, it'd be an environment variable, which you'd
access via Control Panel/System/Advanced/Environment Variables.

I really recommend you look at the Globalization Support Guide before
messing around with the NLS parameters to make sure you're doing what
you want to do at the level you need to do it.  There's three separate
sets of NLS parameters in play (database, instance, and session).

However, if you want it to work for all clients, regardless of the
settings on the client, a logon triggers's the only method I've found
which will work 100% of the time, because it gets invoked after all
the defaults have been applied.

--
Adam Musch
ahmusch@xxxxxxxxx