RE: calling external program

  • From: Graeme.Farmer@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: eglewis@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 07:39:58 +1000

You can use either Java or C via an external procedure call.

I have never used Java but for C you need to create an Oracle LIBRARY object referencing a compiled C (shared) library and a wrapper function/procedure to use your subroutine(s) – (I think the process is similar for Java but welcome correction). LISTENER must also be configured for external procedure calls.

All this info should be in the app developer’s guide in the Oracle doco.

Other than that, I can’t think of a (simple) method of calling an external procedure. (Not simple would mean using UTL_TCP to talk to an external daemon process).

Cheers

Graeme Farmer

graeme.farmer@xxxxxxxxxx