RE: branding or versioning forms and reports

  • From: Jeff Herrick <jherrick@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:26:35 -0400 (EDT)

Paula

The 'what' command is looking for the magic string '@(#)' so you
just need to use a combination of that string and the dynamic
string that your source versioning system provides. I have
only used VSS, PVCS and RCS but they all have the same
concept. I'm sure that SCM can do it too. So in one of your
form triggers you would have

vers varchar2(2000) := '@(#) $Version';

And then SCM would substitute the version for you. The what
comand would work from there. You would only run into a
problem if Oracle was doing some hashing/mangling of your
strings in the forms binary.  =8-0  But I have done this
routinely with 'C' executables i.e.

static char ident[] = "@(#) $Version";

HTH

Jeff Herrick