Re: block chg tracking

  • From: MARK BRINSMEAD <mark.brinsmead@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 17:02:01 -0500

+1, at least so far as the "snapshot backups" are concerned.  In my view,
you don't actually have a "backup" until the "snapshot" has been copied to
independent media.

As for "rm" providing a great compression ratio ...  well, that's certainly
true.  The *de-*compression performance really sucks, though.  ;-)  It kind
or reminds me of my (now ancient) university days, where the
circuitry-types used to joke about a new and infinitely fast
write-only-memory.