RE: block a field

  • From: "Igor Neyman" <ineyman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidb158@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 14:11:49 -0500

You could do something like this in your view definition:

select DECODE(USER, <restricted_user1>, NULL, <restricted_user2>, NULL,
column1),
   DECODE(USER, <restricted_user1>, NULL, <restricted_user2>, NULL,
column2), ...

In this case restriced users will still be getting "blocked fields", but
the only value they'll see is NULL.

Igor