RE: block a field

  • From: Kirtikumar Deshpande <kedeshpande@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Christian Antognini <Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 13:53:46 -0800 (PST)

I stand corrected.
 Column masking is what I  did not do in 9i. I had only implemented VPD (for
FGAC). So, I can't  conclusively say that one could modify policies to achieve
column  masking. I have not tested it myself.
  Sorry.

  - Kirti

Christian Antognini <Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Kirti

>VPD (Fine Grained Access Control) is available in Oracle 9i.

You  are right. But column masking is only available in 10g. And w/o it, I
don't see how to solve the problem described by the OP.

Chris