bind variables & dbms_sql in procedure/packages

  • From: "George Leonard" <leonarge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 10:11:25 +0200

Hi all.

Can someone please send me an example of using bind variables in
dbms_sql in a procedure or package for the where clause where the where
clause is not hard coded/pre-defined, meaning the columns to include is
dependable on the variables passed.

I have so far send my developers allot of links from asktom but would
like to give them more information to ensure the implementation is spot
on since it I such an important component of the Oracle
architecture/implementation.

Thanks.

George

George Leonard
Oracle Database Administrator
Dimension Data (Pty) Ltd
(Reg. No. 1987/006597/07)
Tel: (+27 11) 575 0573
Fax: (+27 11) 576 0573
E-mail:george.leonard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web:   http://www.didata.co.za

You Have The Obligation to Inform One Honestly of the risk, And As a
Person
You Are Committed to Educate Yourself to the Total Risk In Any Activity!
Once Informed & Totally Aware of the Risk,
Every Fool Has the Right to Kill or Injure Themselves as They See Fit!

?This e-mail is sent on the Terms and Conditions that can be accessed by
Clicking on this link http://www.vodacom.net/legal/email.asp "