Re: bind variable

  • From: "LS Cheng" <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidb158@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 14:46:50 +0100

Hi

It is what you have to do, call packages or procedures in Triggers because
Trigger codes are parsed over and over again in the Shared Pool

On 11/6/06, David Boyd <davidb158@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All,

We have lots of row level audit triggers that audit update and delete on
every column for each row.  Our database is 9.2.0.6 and cursor_sharing
parameter is set to exact.  Therefore the SQL statements in the trigger
that
differ in some literals are not shared.  Let's say that we don't want
change
the cursor_sharing parameter and would like to use bind variable.  But
bind
variable can not be used in the trigger.  The alternative is to create a
procedure that uses bind variable and is called by the trigger.  Does any
one have experience on this?  How is the performance with calling the
procedure from trigger back and forth?  The database is shared by many
home
grow and vendor applications.  If we change the cursor_sharing to force,
what are the pros and cons?

Thanks for any input.

Dave

trip!