Re: benchmark kits for Oracle as well as SQL Server and others (Sybase, Postgres, MySQL, DB2)

  • From: Purav Chovatia <puravc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kylelf@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 10:58:07 +0530

Hi, We have been using hammerora but my experience is limited only to
Oracle i.e. we have never tried benchmarking any other RDBMS using
hammerora. We have found it to be good. Over the last 2 years there have
been some enhancements as well, which are really cool.
Its written in Tcl/Tk. Its free.
For some time we have been researching on the impact of virtualization.
Since you are doing benchmarking on virtualized platform, can you share
some findings like % overhead, etc.?
I already read that in your testing, virtualization is affecting only IO.
Is it affecting throughput and latency both or just the latency? I would be
particularly interested in latency impact.

Thanks in advance.