RE: backup up archivelogs

  • From: <Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <rgramolini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <onkarnath.tiwary@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 09:23:00 -0400

I am thinking I could poll v$archived_log every X minutes then based on
finding a new record I could trigger a mail to my backup server.  My
backup server could have a crontab that looks for these mails
periodically then when it finds it backs up the archive destination and
copies over the files.  I am thinking it might be better to use the
optional archive destination and through SQL*Net write to the box most
likely to be recovered to.=20