Re: backup to tape when using ASM

  • From: Maris Elsins <elmaris@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Don Seiler <don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 21:44:41 +0300

Hi,

If you define your FRA on an ASM diskgroup, you can use RMAN command BACKUP
RECOVERY AREA; to take a backup of the whole FRA to tape (optimizations is
on by default for that and it copies only backups that are not on tapes at
the moment)

---
Maris Elsins
@MarisElsins <https://twitter.com/MarisElsins>