Re: backup and restore dbconsole

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 12:42:22 -0600

The OEM DBConsole uses a repository, schema 'SYSMAN' inside the database being monitored. You could back up that schema. The challenge will be in restoring only the required parts of the schema.

In addition, you should back up the configuration files in the ORACLE_HOME under both the sysman and the 'oem' directories. The OEM directory is recognized by the combination of 'host name' and 'DB name' in the directory name.

/Hans

On 29/10/2014 12:35 PM, Chris King wrote:
I've searched several manuals, can't seem to find this.I'm using the dbconsole version of OEM (i.e. I'm NOT using the grid version). I've added lots of jobs, preferences, etc. and would like to back it up, so that in case it gets corrupted or something, I can just restore it. Can someone point me to the documentation that tells me how to backup/restore what I've input into the dbconsole version of OEM?

Thanks in advance!
-ck