Re: awr history

  • From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dmann99 <dmann99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 17:04:44 -0800

Hi Dave,

> If you wanted to dive into the guts of the AWR report you could always
> use the API to generate an AWR report and trace it to see what SQL it
> is issuing.

Based on the fact that the STATSPACK report for a particular version
(starting from 10g) matches the AWR report at least at the section
level, a better option is to read the source code from the
corresponding STATSPACK code. Go to $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin and
browse the sprepins.sql and spcpkg.sql files. They will have the SQL
in plain view - replacing STATS$ by DBA_HIST_ should do the trick is
most cases. I have used this successfully to produce very details
trending reports out of AWR for many sections, including a "Top N
Timed Event", "Estimated Interconnect Traffic", etc. In case you are
curios about the latter, look at DBA_HIST_DLM_MISC view :-)

--
John Kanagaraj <><
http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnkanagaraj