automatic extent allocation

  • From: "Roger Xu" <roger_xu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L@Freelists. Org (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 17:54:54 -0600

Hi list,

We are on Solaris 9/Oracle 9i with locally managed tablespace.
There is a huge tablespace in our database with many huge tables.
The biggest table has a size of 60 GB. (Indexes are in a different tablespace)
And it has 1030 extents now, because we use automatic extent allocation.

Right now we do not have any issues. Do you recommend me to move it to its
own tablespace with uniform extent allocation? At what point are we going to
have issue? over 2000 extents? The table is growing at a rate of 3 GB / month.

TIA,

Roger
This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any
review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail by persons
or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material.
This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Email Security
System. Any questions please call 972-721-8257 or email your request to
tech_support@xxxxxxxxxxxx