RE: autoextend

  • From: "Kevin Closson" <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:41:36 -0700

 >>>It will not however affect the way the space is allocated
>>>for the object within my tablespace. Am I correct here?

yes... although you might care to test what happens if your
increment value is smaller than the next extent size of a table
that grows to subsequently trigger an autoextend...I think (haven't
tested) that your increment value needs to be large enough to
satisfy in one extending operation the size of the extent requested
by the table growth... I'd test it here, but my systems are tied up.

--
//www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l