RE: auto start of listener with pwd

  • From: "Herring Dave - dherri" <Dave.Herring@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 13:20:27 -0600

For what its worth, here's what we do for both auto start and stop (and
any other auto-maint work, like testing if its up or not):

[[ -z "$ORACLE_HOME" ]] && ORACLE_HOME=`cat /etc/oratab | grep "^\*" |
cut -d':' -f2`
LISTENER_PASS=`grep "PASSWORDS_LISTENER"
$ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/listener.ora | cut -d' ' -f3`

IN_UPPER_CMD=`echo $1 | awk '{print toupper($1)}'`

echo "set password $LISTENER_PASS
$IN_UPPER_CMD
exit" | $ORACLE_HOME/bin/lsnrctl

Dave