RE: authenticate from Windows network account to backend Oracle d atabase

  • From: mkb <mkb125@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:11:13 -0700 (PDT)

Didn't see the earliet post.  I'm just in the middle
of trying to do something like this.  It's in a very
experimental stage at the moment but the goal is to
eventually have Oracle users in OID only and have two
directories: one AD and the other OID, and just as
Dennis mentioned, to replicate user account info
between the two so that they are synched up.

One of my first goals right now is to get things
configured such that I can login into SQL*Plus using
an account that I have created in OID only i.e. the
account exists in the OID directory but not in the
database itself.

Don't know how far I'll get, but right now, I'm having
a bear of a problem just getting OID to accept SSL
connections.

I've been reading through all the documentaion and
looking over the Metalink notes.  The documentation
points in a lot of different directions so you end
going through many pages that refer back to some other
doc and so on.

Anyway, every time I seem to make progress, I end up
hitting another problem some place.

I've been able to setup my own certificate signing
authority and seem to have most of the pieces in
place.  The only problem...the pieces don't seem to
communicate over SSL.

Hopefuly, by the time I'm done, I can post a write up,
but don't hold your breath too long.

--
mohammed