Re: async disk IO in RAC

  • From: Rajesh.Rao@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 21:57:07 -0400

Did the wait event show up, after some trace files were generated? I know
I am not helping, but I have been there. My 9.2.0.6 RAC on Solaris 8
experienced the same symptoms . We ran into an ORA-4031 and some trace
files were written into, and since then, the DIAG process was forever
waiting on "async disk i/o". This did not cause any impact, other than
skewing up our monitoring. A bounce of the instance fixed this. Had that
luxury since this was QA.

Sami Seerangan <dba.orcl@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
09/14/2005 09:42 PM
Please respond to dba.orcl

        To:     Rajesh.Rao@xxxxxxxxxxxx
        cc:     oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject:        Re: async disk IO in RAC

DIAG process is experiencing all these waits.

On 9/14/05, Rajesh.Rao@xxxxxxxxxxxx < Rajesh.Rao@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What's the process experiencing all these waits? Is it DIAG or DBWR?