Re: assign permissions data_owner to data_select

  • From: Bob <orcl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 08:18:52 -0500

Hi Tom, thanks for the reply. Im really wondering "how" this is supposed to be handled. Ive looked at the docs, a few books and goggled - the docs and books give no specific examples of assigning privilege from "data_owners" to "data_users" ie -select privs on a schema-.

Google shows a bunch of questions about this but no real way of doing it. Seems like this would be a common, problem

Thats why I asked here, I was hoping there would be a straight forward professional way to handle this. Still looking

Thanks
Bob

Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) wrote:

Bob,

Create a database trigger that fires after a ddl event - check the
documentation.  Something like:

CREATE TRIGGER audit_db_object AFTER CREATE
  ON SCHEMA
     pl/sql_block

You will need to use dynamic sql to issue the grant statements.

BTW - you said you thought this was a common technique.  It is *not* a
common technique.  Database security should not be done this way.
Sooner or later you or someone else will forget about this trigger and
someone will gain access to info they should not see.  And your ass will
be on the line.

Just my 2 cents.

Tom

This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged
information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this
transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  In addition,
unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law,
including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.