Re: asmlib on ubuntu

  • From: Svetoslav Gyurov <softice@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: my.oralce@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 00:34:51 +0300

Hi Anupam,

I also think that you don't really need ASMLib, it one extra layer, requires new driver when changing kernel and one more thing to think when administer. In either case the information about the diskgroup reside in the header of the disk, so the most you have to do is to change the discovery string.

Regards,
Sve

Anupam Pandey wrote:
Hi all,
         I want to install ASMLib on my Ubuntu ( kernel version-> 2.6.) .I downloaded following files from (http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/linux/asmlib/rhel4.html)

I am not finding any drivers foe kernal version present with my ubuntu.
Here is machine details

uname -a

Linux anupam-laptop 2.6.32-21-generic #32-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 16 08:10:02 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

Is it possible to install asmlib on Ubuntu ?

Thanks And Regards,
   Anupam

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l