Re: asmlib

  • From: Tim Hall <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 13:53:02 +0100

Just to add a little extra to the story...

Oracle manage ASMLib for RHEL5, but said they would stop doing so for
RHEL6. They told both SUSE and Red Hat they are happy for them to
continue supporting ASMLib on their distros in a similar manner to the
way Oracle do with UEK, having the kernel module in there by default.
SUSE have done this and RHEL have not.

You can blame Oracle for the lack of ASMLib on RHEL and consider this
part of an evil pot to undermine Red Hat, or you can blame Red Hat for
refusing to do their bit to support their customers who run Oracle.
The choice is yours.

I've heard Wim speak about this and I believe there is a blog post out
there in the blogsphere explaining this somewhere.

Cheers

Tim...