Re: asm + asmlib

  • From: "bao jiejie" <baojiejie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chris_stephens@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 00:31:09 +0800

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/asm/pdf/asm_10gr2_bestpractices%2009-07.pdf

ASMLIB
Oracle has developed a storage management interface called the ASMLIB API.
ASMLIB is not required to run ASM; it is simply an add-on module that
simplifies the management and discovery of ASM disks. The ASMLIB provides an
alternative, to the standard operating system interface, for ASM to identify
and access block devices. The ASMLIB API provides storage and operating
system vendors the opportunity to supply extended storage-related features
and exploit the capabilities and strengths of vendors' storage
array.
The ASMLIB API provides two major feature enhancements over standard
interfaces:
• Disk discovery – Providing more information about the storage attributes
to the Database and
the DBA
• I/O processing – To enable more efficient I/O

and you need set *.asm_diskstring as wll

Yours House