Re: archivelog performance issues

  • From: Julio Aguilar-Chang <jachang@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 10:25:53 -0600

Good point about switching. I looked at the alert log and it looks like the logs switch every 15 - 20 minutes, so they appear to be sized correctly.

Regarding storage, the entire database structure is stored locally on the server.

Andrew Kerber wrote:
In general, there is very little noticeable impact in running archivelog mode unless your logs are badly undersized and the logs are switching every minute or so. If the logs are properly sized so that they switch every 15-30 minutes, there will not be a noticeable impact.

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Joey D'Antoni <jdanton1@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:jdanton1@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    How is your storage arranged? In general, with a database of that
    size, I can't imagine a significant performance impact from
    running in archivelog mode, unless the storage was horribly
    misconfigured.
Joseph D'Antoni
    Synthes USA

    *From:* Julio Aguilar-Chang <jachang@xxxxxxxx