apex workspace issue

  • From: Kumar Madduri <ksmadduri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle Freelists <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 06:13:22 -0700

Hi
I create a workspace like this after connecting as sys.
alter session set current_schema = FLOWS_030100;

BEGIN
APEX_INSTANCE_ADMIN.ADD_WORKSPACE(
P_WORKSPACE_ID => 123456789,
p_workspace =>'APEX_XXDL_SHARED' ,
p_primary_schema => 'XXDL',
p_additional_schemas => NULL);
COMMIT;
END;
/

But the above record is not shown in APEX_WORKSPACES. I expect to see the
workspace and workspace_id in the table.

I tried like above by explicitly specifying the workspace_id (to some random
number) and also let it default(without specifying the workspace_id). But I
cant see the workspace_id and workspace in apex_workspaces.
But when I login to internal workspace as admin user , I can see the
workspace I created above.
In addition, if you create this workspace through the application, you do
see the records as expected. I want to automate the creation of workspaces
and hence this attempt.
What am I missing here?
Thank you
Kumar