RE: anyway to restart mmon after database shutdown is cancelled?

  • From: "Jeffrey Beckstrom" <JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 07:26:48 -0400

Due to a memory leak in MMON, we kill it nightly and the database automatically
restarts it.

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
Information Systems
1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113

>>> "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 6/9/11 6:20 PM >>>
Ah, that actually makes sense.  It does seem an odd state to be in.

Honestly, if it was me, I'd take my lumps, get approved to do a 'startup force'
(likely the quickest way to complete bounce) and be comfortable that there are
no lurking surprises....:-)