Re: anyone having trouble contacting oracle support?

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx" <kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 19:27:33 -0400

Unless of course it's SEV1... ;-)

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 9, 2010, at 7:07 PM, "Kellyn Pedersen"
<kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

and also...
6.  Demand from the duty manager that they DO NOT assign the ticket to someone
in Australia that will call your cellphone at 2am when you are trying to sleep
in the US... :)

--- On Wed, 6/9/10, Pankaj Jain <pjain@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pjain@xxxxxxxxxx>>

From: Pankaj Jain <pjain@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pjain@xxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: RE: anyone having trouble contacting oracle support?
To: kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx>, "ORACLE-L"
<oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>,
<mailto:oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx>
oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 4:16 PM

I totally agree with Kellyn, opening a tar is 99% useless, and we end up
solving the issue by ourselves. In 1% cases when it is sev 1, and Management is
involved, we use SR only to buy some time.  Anyway all Oracle features apart,
we have to find a workaround.

It has proved successful to me hope it does same for you.

1. Pick up the phone and open the SR via phone.
2. Request for duty manager, to contact you immediately on phone or on email.
3. Request the duty manager to assign the subject matter expert directly,
without going through the Mandatory QA with some help desk person who is
absolutely ignorant about real Oracle features.
4. Keep your .trc file, .log file, and rda report ready and upload(ftp)
directly to Oracle server from your Unix server, not from your
PC/laptop/client. (ftp link will be provided by the Oracle  support person)
5. Doing this way you won't even have to login to metalink and use it's Service
request system.

Hope this helps and you get some relief fast.

In the mean time if you want to share your problem just shoot an email and any
one of us who might have faced that situation will come to your rescue.

Regards

-Pankaj

________________________________
From: Dba DBA
<oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx>>
To: "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Tuesday, June 8, 2010, 1:07 PM

I have had a tier 1 (production down) ticket open with oracle for 1.5 hours and
it has not been assigned. It took me a good 30 minutes to open it because I
kept getting site errors. Then I spent about an hour on hold when I called in
and they said they are having server issues.

I was on hold for about an hour when I called in. So I take it alot of people
are having problems?