anyone have a scoop on the obamacare website mess?

  • From: Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 21:30:26 -0400

Just curious if anyone has any info on the performance issues? The
contractor CGI federal is hiring DBAs and their job ad is a real gem. I
tried creating an account last night out of pure curiosity and they coded
the web page to lie to people (anyone can try it). you go through 3 pages
to enter basic information. On the last page you are asked to answer 3
security questions. When you do you get an error that says your security
questions must have different answers.(tried it several times mine did),
then it takes you all the way back to the first page and all of your
information is blank. If you do it and google the error you will see alot
of people complaining about this. Didn't bother looking, but this is
typically done with javascript right in the web page. So they are basically
lowering the volume on their website by telling people they are making a
mistake when they go to register.
not entirely about oracle, but the job ad peaked my interest. Anyone have a
scoop on how bad the performance problems are?

if you take the job, I suggest you bring a sleeping bag.

http://jobs.cgi.com/job/Reston-Oracle-Database-Administrator-Job-VA-20190/2655643/?feedId=4&utm_source=Indeed

Additional Requirements:
Primary work location is Chantilly, VA. Must be willing to travel to
secondary locations in Reston, VA; Fairfax, VA; and Washington DC.
*Must be available and willing to work additional hours in the event of any
emergency software releases.*