RE: analyze worked better than gather stats

  • From: "Baumgartel, Paul" <paul.baumgartel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 16:19:03 -0400

This doesn't answer the question, but did you inspect the values of the
various statistics columns in dba_tables and dba_indexes after both the
dbms_stats and analyze runs?  That information might provide some clues.

Paul Baumgartel
CREDIT SUISSE
Information Technology
Prime Services Databases Americas