RE: alter table move and redo log

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "kennaim@xxxxxxxxx" <kennaim@xxxxxxxxx>, "adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 03:46:31 -0400

Note also, that since 'nologging' only applies to a small subset of operations,
worrying about setting a particular object back to 'logging' is probably not
very urgent or important.  For example, in the case of indexes, the only thing
that the object level 'nologging' setting will effect is the next rebuild, if
neither 'logging' nor 'nologging' is set in the alter statement.  In the case
of a table, it's only insert w/ APPEND hint that would be impacted.

-Mark