alter system triggers

  • From: Joshua Collier <jcoll1970@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 09:57:14 -0700

Does anyone know of a trigger that will reliably fire on alter system and
capture the commands via the objects such as :
 DBMS_STANDARD.SYSEVENT;
NVL(DBMS_STANDARD.DICTIONARY_OBJ_OWNER,'NULL');
 DBMS_STANDARD.DICTIONARY_OBJ_TYPE;
 DBMS_STANDARD.DICTIONARY_OBJ_NAME;

I have a trigger that is "on database before alter", however, ALTER SYSTEM
does not trigger it. Either that or I have not yet found the correct
dbms_standard types to capture the output. The trigger right now just
inserts the various type values into a table. For Alter Table it works
great, but ALTER SYSTEM produces nothing.

Josh C.