RE: alter database recover managed standby database disconnect from session;

  • From: Jörg Jost <jost@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L@Freelists. Org (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:42:17 +0200

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 14:00 -0600, Reidy, Ron wrote:
> What does this mean?  Are you saying that you can still issue SQL
> statements?
>

> Obviously, the prompt returns, but is the session still active?  Is it
> in the process list of v$session/v$process?

Hi Ron,

here is the discription of the disconnect clause from the SQL Reference:

"DISCONNECT Specify DISCONNECT to indicate that Redo Apply should be
performed in the background. Doing so leaves the current session
available for other tasks. The FROM SESSION keywords are optional and
are provided for semantic clarity."

So for me, without testing, it seems that something like a nohup from
the unixworld is happening, if you use this clause.

hth

Jörg