alter database recover managed standby database disconnect from session;

  • From: "Roger Xu" <Roger.Xu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L@Freelists. Org \(E-mail\)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:09:58 -0500

Hi List,

I am following

<http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96653/create_ps.htm>

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96653/create_ps.htm

to create a simple physical standby database.

SQL> startup nomount;
ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area  420480856 bytes
Fixed Size                   730968 bytes
Variable Size             117440512 bytes
Database Buffers          301989888 bytes
Redo Buffers                 319488 bytes
SQL> alter database mount standby database;

Database altered.

SQL> alter database recover managed standby database disconnect from session;

Database altered.

SQL>

Why the prompt returns? I thought "disconnect from session" will kill the
session?

Thanks,

Roger

This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any
review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use o
This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Email Security
System.