Re: all time worst question I have been ever asked as a DBA

  • From: Kellyn Pot'vin <kellyn.potvin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "kevin.lidh@xxxxxxxxx" <kevin.lidh@xxxxxxxxx>, "srinivasanram2004@xxxxxxxxx" <srinivasanram2004@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 10:15:52 -0700 (PDT)

This type of paging will cause me to turn into "my evil twin sister, Skippy"
quicker than just about anything.  When I am paged or even emailed about issues
that a DBA can do nothing to address, I will quickly notify the sender and
management that the emails and/or pages will be filtered to deletion due to the
inexcusable waste of time to valuable DBA resources.

No one messes with Skippy... :P

Kellyn Pot'Vin
Sr. Database Administrator and Developer
dbakevlar.com