Re: add node , oracle software a bit error

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <ag@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: randyjo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 18:15:38 -0400

Randy,

This script has nothing to do with inittab and OCR changes. They are
done as part of root.sh script run in the end. Indeed these actions
require root privileges.

What this script does is update of orainventory. To troubleshoot -
check details in logs or the error on re-run. If orainventory is on
shared filesystem then installer will try to update node list after
it's been already updated from the first node. The result is this
hamless error.

Alex

On 7/9/07, Randy Johnson <randyjo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If memory serves, this script pushes out the Oracle software, adds the three
daemons to the /etc/inittab file (evms, ocssd, crsd), starts up these
daemons, adds the node to the cluster registery (OCR), and synchronizes the
oraInventory. I'm sure it does much more than this but best I can do from
memory.

        -Randy

Randy Johnson
Sr. Technical Consultant