Re: add node , oracle software a bit error

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <ag@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ujang.jaenudin@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 10:09:28 -0400

I have the same error regularly and it seems we can ignore it. I
normally re-run suggested command and it says that operation (like
home attach) has already been done.

I only observed it with shared oracle homes.

On 7/9/07, Ujang Jaenudin <ujang.jaenudin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

when adding the 3rd node, i got this error, but the installation shown
me to run on ORACLE_HOME.

my question, what is this script do ?

Remote 'UpdateNodeList' failed on node: 'af-xxx2'. Refer to
for details.
You can manually re-run the following command on the failed nodes after the
/apps/oracle/product/10.2/oui/bin/runInstaller -updateNodeList
-noClusterEnabled ORACLE_HOME=/apps/oracle/product/10.2
CLUSTER_NODES=af-xxx1,af-xxx2,af-xxx6 CRS=false
"INVENTORY_LOCATION=/apps/oracle/oraInventory" LOCAL_NODE=<node
on which command is to be run>

Alex Gorbachev, Oracle DBA Brewer, The Pythian Group
BAAG party -