Re: add cpus, relink libraries?

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tkm.lists@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 11:26:32 -0500

Tricia McKellar wrote:
Hello,

(Oracle 9.2.0.7 on Solaris 10, 64bit)  We just recently added 4 CPUs
to our db server to bring the total CPUs to 8.  Do I need to relink
the oracle libraries?  Are there any other changes I should make to
the oracle software to take advantage of the additional CPUs?

Thanks for your help! Where would I find this information in the oracle docs?

No, you don't need to relink. You do, however, need to change the number of the decimal places on the check that you will send to Oracle Corp. As for avoiding problems, there one core principle in the world of databases: database that has no users and contains no data has never caused any
problems. Think of that, young grasshoppa'

--
Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA

begin:vcard