RE: a explain plan question

  • From: "Juan Miranda" <j.miranda@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Bernard.Polarski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:39:49 +0100

>    4    2       PARTITION RANGE (ITERATOR)
>    5    4         TABLE ACCESS (FULL) OF 'TUH_NVPAGINA' (Cost=27159

Means that Oracle are using some partitions, and then are doing a full scan
of these partitions.

Alex, I think you must create an LOCAL partitioned index on
TUH_NVPAGINA.FE_DIA.

If you have more columns that FE_DIA in your primary key, Oracle may not use
it.

You need some like this:

2    1     PARTITION RANGE (ITERATOR)
3    2       INDEX (RANGE SCAN) OF 'TUH_NVPAGINA_IDX1' (INDEX)

greetings

  _____