RE: a dumb question about download software from otn.oracle.com

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <paul.baumgartel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 13:53:33 -0700

On the 10g install I just did - we were told by the Oracle Sales rep to just
use the otn download.  Also, there was some mention of the idea that if they
got CDs, they would have to pay sales tax on the Oracle licenses, but by
downloading it, no sales tax was required - I'm not sure on the truth of that
and am certainly not encouraging tax evasion - I love uncle sam!  :-)