Zend Free Edition under Ubuntu and Segmentation Fault

  • From: Martin McCormick <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 11:59:53 -0500

I installed the free edition of Zend core for the php engine
with oci extensions. The install went without mishap and it is
installed without apache as we are not doing more with this than
running php scripts that will connect to a remote server.

        Every time I call php such as in the following example,
this is what happens:

martin@tctestlog:~$ php --interactive
Interactive mode enabled

At this point, I have nothing further to do so I send a CTRL-D
to exit.

Segmentation fault

Let's try a script:

martin@tctestlog:~$ php -f oscript
   Segmentation fault

        The sqlnet.ora and tnsnames.ora files are being found
according to the  output from strace -e trace=file. This is in
accordance with the environment variables I have been setting so
this part appears to be working:

    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/Zend/Core/lib
export ORACLE_SID='orcl'
export ORACLE_HOME='/usr/local/etc/oracle'

        Any ideas as to why something is still unhappy?

This is an edition of ubuntu that is rather new if that rings
any bells.

        It is amazing just how difficult it has been to get this
one little project off the ground. Thanks for any good ideas.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer