RE: ZERO Database Downtime???

  • From: "Kevin Closson" <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 11:06:04 -0700

>>>that would be Digital OpenVMS, not Tru64. Leslie Lamport of
>>>Lamport SCN fame is the same Leslie Lamport from the VMS
>>>Cluster Team also the guy that built TeX for technical
>>>publishing. Oracle picked up almost the entire VMS Cluster
>>>dev team when Digital came apart.

You missed my point. I only mentioned Tru64 as reference
for platforms that supported shared Oracle Home...I wasn't
referring to the personnel origens of those that have
contributed to RAC/OPS internals.

And even though there are former Dec/Compaq folks at Oracle,
they still LICENSED the portable clusterware from Compaq. That
happens to be the very clusterware implemented as OCMS on 9i
and CRS on 10g